Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The grant proposal that wouldn't end

Believe it or not, I'm still up to my eyeballs in SSHRC. I have SSHRC-for-brains. I'm a SSHRChead. You wouldn't believe the SSHRC that goes on around here.

Fortunately, the deadline for submission is, to say the least, a soft deadline. The applications go out mid-october, but we need to get them into our department first ... and that deadline was this past monday, but our grants officer is just as happy if I take an extra day or two, as she's already up to her eyeballs vetting the applications she's already received.

But I'm almost done. Seriously, I'm now talking end of business today. I'm reasonably sure.

In other news, I'm going to be moving offices soon. When two vacated offices came on the market, I put my name in ... but given my utter lack of seniority, I figured they'd be snatched up by profs higher on the food chain. In the end? Not so much -- people seem pretty happy with the offices they have, and I certainly wouldn't have bothered if it weren't for the fact that the office I nabbed is, swear to god, twice as big as my current one.

AND -- I managed to get it painted an actual colour! That's right. A colour. Goodbye institutional white. They put the second coat on yesterday, so my new digs are good to go. I brought my digicam to campus, so I will be documenting the moving-in process.

Any guesses to what colour it's been painted? Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SSHRCC-brown?

Lesley said...

Bwah! I'm thinking it's some cold slate grey colour that is depressing. Because that's what offices get painted isn't it? Sending "get the proposal done quickly and painlessly" vibes your way.