Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy birthday, blog

Yup, this humble blog was started five years ago today on the eve of my move out to Newfoundland. My first post was less than spectacular, just a placeholder promising posts to come. Still, it's interesting to go back to those early days and read about the trip out east, setting up the new digs and settling into the new job. The blog was as much of a novelty, and it shows: I posted thirty-three times in August 2005, which is 1.07 times a day for a month!

Well, perhaps that last sentence doesn't quite deserve an exclamation point, but given the long stretches that sometimes happen between posts, that level of blogging energy seems rather unreal.

This is also my 492nd post--which means that eight posts from now I'll be celebrating another blog anniversary. Dammit, I've got to work on my timing.

No comments: